Bay Laurel Elementary prides itself on a dedicated, purposeful focus on the whole child. Our school philosophy approaches education by asking the question, "What qualities do we want to encourage in our children as they grow to adulthood?" At Bay Laurel, these qualities include initiative, integrity, imagination, an inquiring mind, self-knowledge, interpersonal skills, and kindness. The investment in character education, along with the detailed attention to our students' emotional happiness, is something we are proud to showcase as an exemplary practice. We believe by meeting these needs, we are not only building self-esteem, but also putting children in an environment where they can thrive academically.
- Daily 5 and Writers Workshop in grade K - 5 to develop lifelong habits of literacy independence
- Student Council, Peaceful Players, Green Team
- Differentiated Instruction for 4th - 5th grade Math
- Differentiated Instruction with Swim to Success (Multi-tiered System of Support)
- Technology-Rich Learning Environments